The stress is a very bad and dangerous thing, especially because it is very difficult to detect. It is usually masked under strange and vaguely noticeable symptoms.
This is why if you do not do something to release yourself from it, it can contribute to some serious number of conditions. If you dont know that you are overstressed, here are some pointers that will help you figure that out.
1. Your body will be in pain. When people are in pain, they tend to ignore it until it becomes hard to bear, which is completely wrong. We have to address every pain in every part of our body, because it might indicate a bigger and more serious issue.
The stress can make you body break down, causing stomach issues, tense muscles, diarrhea, ulcers, palpitations and chest pains.
Your headaches will become more intense, your entire body will start aching and your arthritis will become more noticeable.
Dont ignore the pain, just accept that sometimes you are pushing too hard. If you want to manage your stress first you have to be aware of its existance.
2. You cannot sleep well. If your sleeping patterns have changed, whether it is from too much sleeping or exhaustion, it means that you have to change something.
You probably have been dealing with too much stress and this is your bodys way of coping with it. Take up a healthier diet, meditate and do exercises to get rid of your sleeping issues.
But even after all of this, there is a root for every problem and you need to discover it as soon as possible. Do you tend to worry and think too much before you go to bed? Or maybe you have nightmares?
If what happens to you through the day tends to linger in your mind long after that, it may be the cause of your stress. You must find your inner peace, because when you are overstressed, your sleeping habits are the first to change.
3. Your weight will fluctuate. Yes, changes in the weight can be a result from too much stress. Your metabolism will slow down and you will start gaining weight.
Or it can be the other way around. If you stress too much, you may start eating less and make your pounds shed completely. Even though every person reacts in a different way to stress, bottom line is you have to deal with that issue right away.
4. Your mind just cant stop focusing on work or the problems you have. If you find yourself to be constantly preoccupied with work, finances and every other aspect in your life, then stress has the control over you.
„Worrying is to be paying a debt you dont owe“ this is said by Mark Twain, and is not far from the truth. The solution cannot be found until you detach from the problem.
A lot of worrying can lead to physical and psychological problems. If you constantly check your phone, email and other form of communication from work or related to what is mostly on your mind, it is time to stop and think about what is truly important in your life.
5. You will lose the ability to stand still. This is a sure sign of being overstressed. All the stress and anxiety can make you uncomfortable with your own thoughts, and in this case, the mind can be the most dangerous thing that can happen to you.
If you are not able to go for a peaceful walk, be alone with your thoughts or do gentle stretching exercises, it means that the stress has a hold on your life.
Come face to face with whats really troubling you and find a way to cope with it. If you are avoiding the problem for the time being, later on you may be facing an even bigger problem.
6. You dont have any patience with other people anymore. The stress makes us intolerant and impatient, making you sap easily and be irritated easily, even from the ones that are closest to you.
Remember that it is noot their fault if you have taken on too much of everything. If you get angry for no particular reason and snap too often then youre dealing with too much stres and you need to find a way to relax as soon as possible.
7. Major mood swings are coming your way. First you feel happy, the next moment youre crying, then the stress is affecting your hormone levels.
If you carry the weight of the world on your shoulders and keep everything bottled up inside you, it will only make it worse. Communicate, talk to other people. Get to the core of your problems.
If you dont do it, some serious issues may occur, such as obsessive compulsive disorder, anxiety disorders, addictions (food, sexual, alcohol, drugs and other) and plenty of other mental issues.
8. You will start experiencing hair loss. Even though people tend to lose 100 hairs a day, if the hair loss starts increasing, and it is happening for a longer period of time, then you definitely need to reevaluate your stress levels and what causes it because it can lead to severe hair loss.
9. You are losing your libido. The stress affects your libido too, and makes it the last thing you think about. When the stress levels increase, they cause the body to exhaust, leaving it with no energy to bond or create any form of intimacy.
If you notice this, try managing your stress with several relaxation techniques. Open up to your partner, your relationship does not have to suffer the consequences so make it easier on both of you.