Here is What Avocado Actually does to your Body
The avocado is one of the best known and among the favorite fruits in the United States, and also throughout the world.
It is quite delicious and you may not know this, but it is super beneficial for you. This fat filled food is packed with nutrients and extremely beneficial for your health.
People who regularly consume avocados are healthier, with a nigher nutrient intake and low Body Mass Index. This fruit can offer a palette of health benefits, and today we are going to share some of them with you.
What Avocado Actually does to your Body
1. First, the avocado is a source of healthy fats, good fats, including the monosaturated fat. This kind of fat is very important in lowering the risk of a heart attack or a stroke, along with lowering the levels of bad cholesterol in the body.
2. The avocado consumption can actually help you in the process of losing weight. According to some studies, just half an avocado while you’re having your lunch will make you feel fuller for a longer period of time.
The participants from this particular study, 40% of them said that they did not want anything to eat three hours after consuming the avocado, and 28% said that they did not want anything to eat four hours after they’ve had an avocado.
3. Because the avocado is full of potassium, it means that it can easily reduce the effects of the sodium in the body. This is why the avocado is a great way if you want to keep your blood pressure levels in order.
4. Another thing, it can lower your cholesterol levels too. Studies have shown that the regular avocado consumption lowers your bad and increases your good cholesterol, thus leading to a healthier body.
5. You will be amazed to see how rich in nutrients the avocado is! The avocado, in one serving, contains around 20 different vitamins and minerals, including vitamins E, B6, C, K, copper, potassium, folate and pantothenic acid.
6. And when it comes to absorbing vitamins and minerals, it does not matter how much we eat it but how they are processed in the body.
So, by adding the avocado in your every day dieting plan, you digest the fat soluble which is important for dissolving some major nutrients in the body, such as Vitamin A,Vitamin D, and some antioxidants.
7. The CDCP (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) predicts that 40% of all Americans will be affected by diabetes at some point in their lives.
This is why it is of utmost importance to keep your blood sugar levels in order. The avocados can help you do that.
8. The extract from the avocado can help you ease an inflammation or a severe pain, which are some of the main symptoms of arthritis. It can even soothe some other sores or aches too.
9. And because the chronic inflammation leads up to some of the modern illnesses, such as allergies, Alzheimer’s disease, heart diseases, arthritis, asthma, and cancer, the avocado is the best method against it, just because it is packed with monosaturated fats.
10. The avocado is one of the best sources of lutein and zeaxanthin, and these are two very important compounds because they fight off the macular degeneration.
Being one of the leading causes of blindness in the United States, the foods such as the avocado, which are rich in these nutrents, are encouraged onto the market, more and more every single day.
11. The avocados are one of the most important fruits that has to be consumed by pregnant women. They are filled with Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, folate and potassium. These are compounds which are crucial to the health of both the mother and the unborn child.
12. Some studies have even shown that the avocado is extremely powerful in fighting cancer. The extract of an avocado can slow down or stop the growth of prostate cancer cells.
Other studies have shown that it reduces the side effects of the chemotherapy. Nevertheless, these are limited studies so it is better for you to primarily use it for its other benefits.
13. For stronger bones, consider consuming more avocado. Its nutrients will help you build up and retain strong bones. Mix it with other fruits and vegetables if you want to obtain the best results.
14. Because the avocado contains 13 grams of fiber, which is half your daily dose, in order to have smooth digestive system, consume more of it.
15. Finally, put a smile on your face! The minerals and vitamins present in the avocado can cheer you up! Researchers throughout the past discovered that the depression comes when the levels of potassium in the body are low, so eat up!