This Fruit can Control Cholesterol Levels, Diabetes and Much More
The Malayan peninsula has given birth to a marvelous fruit, called the carambola fruit, or the star fruit (because it is shaped like a star). It can also be found it Latin America, Caribbean, southern parts of the United States and Southeast Asia.
When ripe, this fruit is yellow in color, it’s taste is a mixture of sweet and sour and one can say it resembles the flavor of pear, grapes and citruis fruits.
Control Cholesterol Levels, Diabetes and Much More
This is why it we love it, because it is a combination popular among people. But, despite its distinct taste, the carambola provides plenty of health benefits to the table.
It is quite low in calories for starters, 31 calorie in 100 grams, high in antioxidants, Vitamin B and C, riboflavin, niacin, folate and plenty of minerals (potassium, zinc, manganese, calcium and iron).
In addition we give you some of the best health benefits of this fruit.
1. To regulate your blood pressure, you should definitely consume the star fruit because it is filled with potassium,and it will deal with the blood pressure and prevent or cure hypertension.
2. Because it is high in fiber, the carambola fruit is promoting a heart health and reducing the levels of bad cholesterol. The bad cholesterol is known to usually clog arteries and cause strokes and heart attacks. Additionally, the level of good cholesterol in the body will be increased too.
3. This fruit is packed with Vitamin C, strenghtening the immune system and preventing various diseases, such as the flu, a common cold, influenza, and many more.
4. Because it contains magnesium as well as plenty of other minerals, it helps if you are suffering from insomnia or have disturbances while sleeping. The consumption of the carambola fruit will aid your sleep and provide you with the rest you need.
5. The fiber in this fruit can help with your digestion, clearing the intestines, bounding together the high amounts of water, thus fighting constipation. The consumption of it after a heavy meal will aid your digestion.
6. This fruit, believe it or not, also promotes skin health. It prevents diseases such as atopic dermatitis and psoriasis, and treats acne.
7. Because it is rich in Vitamin A,the carambola fruit improves and protects the health of the eyes.
8. When you are expecting a baby, you can find the carambola fruit very useful. The fruit is rich in Vitamin B9, which is one of the vital compounds for a healthy development of the neutral tube as well as the brain of the baby. If you consume it regularly, it will aid the production of breast milk too.
9. This is an amazing fruit for people suffering from diabetes, because it is very low in sugar. It will moreover balance the blood sugar levels in the body during the day, preventing the fast glucose absorption.
10. And finally, it has anti microbiial properties, effectively fighting infections caused by the E. Coli, such as Salmonella, Aureus, Klebsiella, Staphylococcus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
For the final summation, a small beware note – don’t consume it in a case of a kidney disease, kidney failure or kidney dialysis.
It may cause nausea, vomitting and confusion. Also, be careful how you consume it if you take medications such as statins, opiates or benzodiazepines, for it contains properties similar to the grapefruit that may interfere with these drugs.